Alexander Forbes Group Chief Executive Dawie de Villiers, mandated by the AF Board, commenced a strategic review which was announced at its half-year results in December 2018.
This will focus on:
- Strengthening the company’s competitive position in the employee benefits, savings and retirement markets
- Positioning the business appropriately for profitable growth and commensurate returns on capital invested
- Refocusing on the customer, as well as the culture and values of the Alexander Forbes brand.
In line with this, he has established an Executive Committee of key individuals to lead the company and drive a review of its strategy and operating model. The Executive Committee has a deep knowledge of the employee benefits landscape and the Alexander Forbes brand DNA. They also have a strong understanding of the needs of our clients and staff, having held various senior roles in the business over many years.
Key appointments to the Executive Committee, led by Dawie de Villiers, include:
- Bruce Bydawell, responsible for Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Butsi Tladi responsible for Corporate & Employee Benefits
- Bonga Mokoena responsible for Emerging Markets
- Dawie de Villiers responsible for Investments
- Ryan Knipe responsible for Retail.
Included in the Executive Committee are Groupwide functions led by Lynn Stevens (Marketing, Customer); Carina Wessels (Group Legal, Company Secretarial, Group Insurance, Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit); Muriel Sokkie (Human Resources); Thabo Mashaba (Empowerment and Transformation); Sandra La Bella (Group IT); Johnny Roux and Jacques Mostert (Operations & Administration).
During the strategic review, the Group Chief Executive will draw on the experience of a Specialist Advisory Team, which will include external experts as well as internal resources, for the duration of the review. It will include Michael Weiss, John Anderson, Stephanus Burger and Estelle Viljoen.
The company has meanwhile received the following resignations: Leon Greyling (CEO, Alexander Forbes Investments), Vishnu Naicker (Group Chief Risk Officer), Christian Schaub (Chief Human Resources Officer), Sugendhree Reddy (CE, Alexander Forbes Retail), and Tony Powis (CEO, Corporate & Employee Benefits).
Dawie de Villiers, Group Chief Executive, commented: “I would like to thank these executives for their contribution to the turnaround phases of the company and wish them well in their future endeavours.”
“We have begun a review of our market positioning and business model, which will involve dynamic changes to the business to unlock the inherent growth value potential within the company.”
Issued by Corporate Image on behalf Alexander Forbes